If you can’t talk to each other, then talk to me.
Are you experiencing problems in your relationship? My name is Trisha Higgs and I am a Relationship Counsellor and Psychosexual Therapist for couples and individuals, serving Kent, Hildenborough, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells
Coronavirus: Covid-19 Statement of Policy
I am now offering in person appointments for those who want to meet face to face. However, I am still seeing clients online using Zoom.
I have found offering therapy this way to be really effective and have formed excellent relationships with my clients even though we are not meeting in person. Online therapy offers clients who live in any location the chance to access couple and psychosexual therapy.
I studied and worked at the world renowned 'Tavistock Relationships' (TR) in London, a centre of excellence for Couples Counselling and Psychotherapy training, and research into couple relationships. I see couples and individuals, both heterosexual or same sex, in a partnership, or single.
Sometimes being in a relationship can feel lonely. Perhaps you have issues such as depression, juggling work and children, financial difficulties, significant and stressful life changes, or worries about your sexual relationship.
Or your relationship may have become too difficult, and you are wondering how to make it work. Perhaps you are are uncertain whether you want to stay together, either because of a betrayal such as an affair, constant arguments, or feeling that the spark has gone. Sometimes knowing that you and your partner have made the decision to talk to a Relationship Counsellor can make all the difference.
If you are currently single, you might want to explore relationship patterns, or be struggling with an issue such as depression or anxiety, and this may have affected your confidence. Or you might wonder why you find intimacy so difficult.
Take that first step and talk to me.
- I provide a stress free, comfortable and relaxed environment where we can think together without distractions, about difficult thoughts and feelings.
- I work in a non-judgemental way. There is no 'blaming and shaming'.
- My qualification in Couples Psychotherapy and Counselling is amongst the most prestigious in the field. I have an MSc in Relationship Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy (University of East London), gained after seven years of training and clinical experience, seeing couples and individuals at Tavistock Relationships.
- I am qualified to see individuals as well as couples, and can help with issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, low self-esteem and addictions.
- I have excellent people skills, having worked in the NHS for fifteen years.
~ Maya Angelou
I provide a safe space to explore your feelings
Are you experiencing:
- Constant destructive and escalating arguments
- Feeling you are not listened to, or are not important to your partner
- Affairs or betrayals
- Sexual issues such as erectile difficulties, pain, loss of desire, or internet pornography addiction
- Stressful family issues such as conflicted approaches to parenting, and seeing the In-Laws
- Step-parenting issues such as divided loyalties to new partners and children
- Major life events that cause stress such as serious illness, redundancy or bereavement
- Difficulties with becoming pregnant, miscarriage, or losing a child
- Cross-cultural challenges
- Depression and anxiety
- Abusive and controlling behaviour
- Loss of a partner through separation, divorce or death
- Thinking about separating or divorce
I am flexible about appointment times, offering early morning appointments that you could fit around a busy commute, and evening and Saturday morning appointments if you work late, or need to arrange babysitting.
More About Couple Therapy
More About Sex Therapy
Some Frequently asked Questions
Get in touch by email