Are you experiencing problems in your relationship? My name is Trisha Higgs and I am a Relationship Counsellor and Psychosexual Therapist for couples and individuals.
I trained at the renowned Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR) in London, and I am committed to helping you to overcome difficulties in your relationship. I see couples and individuals, both heterosexual or same sex, in a partnership, or single.
Sometimes being in a relationship can feel lonely. You may be struggling with stressful situations, or you may be depressed, which can be difficult for you both. Perhaps you have issues such as juggling work and children, financial problems, ageing and illness, or worries about your sexual relationship.
Or your relationship may have become too difficult, and you are wondering how to make it work. Perhaps you are are uncertain whether you want to stay together, either because of a betrayal such as an affair, constant arguments, or feeling that the spark has gone.
If you are currently single, you might want to explore relationship patterns, or be struggling with an issue such as depression, and this may have affected your confidence. Or you might wonder why you find intimacy so difficult.
Take that first step and talk to me.
- My qualification in couple therapy is amongst the most prestigious in the field, gained after four years training at TCCR.
- I have eight years experience of seeing couples and individuals at the TCCR and in private practice.
- I have excellent people skills, having worked in the NHS for fifteen years.
- I am currently undertaking an MSc in Psycho-Sexual Therapy at the TCCR.
~ Maya Angelou
I provide a safe space to explore your feelings. Are you experiencing:
- Constant arguments
- Feeling you are not being listened to or are not important to your partner
- Lack of connection and communication difficulties
- Affairs or betrayals
- You have become bored with the relationship
- Sexual issues such as erectile difficulties, pain, loss of desire or Internet pornography addiction
- Family issues such as step-parenting and problems with In-Laws
- Major life events such as redundancy or bereavement
- Depression and anxiety
- Abusive and controlling behaviour
- Loss of a partner through separation, divorce or death
- Thinking about separating or divorce
Relationship Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy for couples and individuals near Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks.
I am also qualified in 'Sensate Focus' therapy, which enables couples to re-connect emotionally and sexually. Click here for more information on Sensate Focus.
I offer therapy to individuals as well. You might have concerns about an issue to do with relationships, or be feeling anxious or depressed.
I can help you through stressful life changes, or just be a listening ear if you want to talk.
I have my own practice in Hildenborough, Kent, situated near Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. I am also within easy reach of Surrey, Sussex, Bromley and Orpington.
I am flexible about appointment times, offering early morning appointments that you could fit around a busy commute, and evening and Saturday morning appointments if you work late, or need to arrange babysitting.
Find out More