Are you experiencing problems in your relationship? My name is Trisha Higgs and I am a Relationship Counsellor and Psychosexual Therapist for couples and individuals.
I trained at the renowned 'Tavistock Relationships' (TR) in London, and I am committed to helping you to overcome difficulties in your relationship. I see couples and individuals, both heterosexual or same sex, in a partnership, or single.
Sometimes being in a relationship can feel lonely. You may be struggling with stressful situations, or you may be depressed, which can be difficult for you both. Perhaps you have issues such as juggling work and children, financial problems, ageing and illness, or worries about your sexual relationship.
Or your relationship may have become too difficult, and you are wondering how to make it work. Perhaps you are are uncertain whether you want to stay together, either because of a betrayal such as an affair, constant arguments, or feeling that the spark has gone.
If you are currently single, you might want to explore relationship patterns, or be struggling with an issue such as depression or anxiety, and this may have affected your confidence. Or you might wonder why you find intimacy so difficult.
Take that first step and talk to me.
- I provide a calming, comfortable and relaxed environment where we can think together without distractions, about difficult thoughts and feelings.
- I work in a non-judgemental way. There is no 'blaming and shaming'.
- My qualification in couple therapy is amongst the most prestigious in the field. I have an MSc in Relationship Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy, gained after four years training and clinical experience, seeing couples and individuals at Tavistock Relationships.
- I am qualified to see individuals as well as couples, and can help with issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and addictions.
- I have eight years experience of seeing couples and individuals at the TR and in private practice.
- I have excellent people skills, having worked in the NHS for fifteen years.
~ Maya Angelou
I provide a safe space to explore your feelings. Are you experiencing:
- Constant arguments
- Feeling you are not being listened to or are not important to your partner
- Lack of connection and communication difficulties
- Affairs or betrayals
- You have become bored with the relationship
- Sexual issues such as erectile difficulties, pain, loss of desire or internet pornography addiction
- Family issues such as step-parenting and problems with In-Laws
- Major life events such as serious illness, redundancy or bereavement
- Cross-cultural challenges
- Depression and anxiety
- Abusive and controlling behaviour
- Loss of a partner through separation, divorce or death
- Thinking about separating or divorce
I am flexible about appointment times, offering early morning appointments that you could fit around a busy commute, and evening and Saturday morning appointments if you work late, or need to arrange babysitting.
Find out More